Friday, July 5, 2013

Fort Morgan


It was hard getting out of the comfortable hotel bed this morning but when the alarm went off at 5:30 I knew I had to get my day started. In my pace line today was Chris Stubel from Georgia Tech whom I’ve road with 3 times now, and Jeff Watson, a senior at Colorado University. Both of these guys are very good cyclist so I knew I would be pushed hard today. We started off very strong, keeping a consistent pace and having a great time on the bikes. We got to mile 50 and things started going down hill, not literally unfortunately. As soon as we left Josh’s crew stop my back tire went flat. This wasn’t that big of a deal because flats happen all the time but what happened just 2 minutes later sucked. Before I could get 100 feet my front tire went flat as well. Before all of this happened we were the second fastest pace line of the day, but because of my bad luck we became the last one. Combined with the flat tires it was a hot day and everyone was very eager to get off the bike. After 96 miles the three of us finally arrived in Fort Morgan and had the chance to relax. We got showered up and took a 15 minute nap before having a team meeting and leaving for dinner.

We had dinner with the Elks Club of Fort Morgan tonight. They made us sloppy joes, baked beans and had brownies for us. After a long day on the bike and burning a lot of calories this was a great meal to end the day with. The entire team enjoyed the company of the Elks Club members, and was very appreciative of the great meal. Its been a long day and although I love friendship visits it is nice to be able to come back to lodging and just be able to hang out. Tomorrow we have another long day as we ride into Wray, Colorado.

God Bless America! 

No comments:

Post a Comment